Image Map

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Part2: More Visions of Vegas

So have I made one single reference to the classes I attended at the I Teach K conference? They were fantastic and I feel like it was money well spent. A few of them were not what I was looking for so I was able to change my mind and go elsewhere. That is so impressive to me! Here are some other pictures that are special to me.


Kathy Griffin is an excellent presenter and made my understanding of Common Core so much deeper. She is a really talented presenter who filled this time with great information and songs. I really enjoyed this and ended up attending a bunch of her classes. If you don't know who she is, click on this picture. Check out her blog. It has great information! Hugs to you Kathy.


If you are a kindergarten teacher you will recognize these two ladies. Both of them did a fantastic job of presenting and made sure we all had fun. Of course the bloggers made tons of noise and gave them a few woohoos and shout-outs. We had a blast being with them and supporting our kindergarten rock stars! If you have never seen them come to Vegas next year! You will be so glad you did.
Finally, I want to talk about some new friends I made. These are just a few pictures I was smart enough to take but there were so many other talented teachers, bloggers, and presenters. It was overwhelming to me. If you think education is going down the tubes come and meet some of these educators. I had coffee with them, sat with them in classes, ate meals with them, and just hung out between sessions. They are kind, generous, and smart women who left their families to continue learning during their summer vacation. Who else does that? These arededicated individuals who are making a difference... one kid at a time. Many are young and filled with enthusiasm and love for this wonderful grade called Kindergarten. I am so lucky to have been a part of this conference. This is what teaching is all about. Collaboration.

8 comments:

learningmyself said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun and informative time! Anyone coming to NJ any time soon?? Thanks for sharing! Amy :)

Annie Moffatt said...

Fran!!! I am so jealous I wasn't there!!

Fran Kramer said...

Annie,
I think you should come next year. You would love the classes and the people who attend. I had so many people ask me why you didn't come. We can travel together!

Erin said...

You are the sweetest thing ever! It was great meeting you and becoming "forever" friends with you.

Hugs,
Erin
It's "OWL" Good in Kindergarten

Unknown said...

Looks like tons of fun!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

kinder-gardening said...

Fran!!! Thank you sooooo much for mentioning my apron. I couldn't figure out why my post today got so many visits (I get excited if 5 people visit and I'm over the moon if anyone comments) and then when I saw that you showed my apron it all made sense! I had 55 visits. Woot, woot! Thank you! I'm sad it's taking so long to get it up and running. I'm moving as fast as I can! Your encouragement means everything!

Unknown said...

Fran Kramer, you are a doll! I feel famous that my face made it on your blog. You are such a spunky and inspiring teacher. Glad you are part of my blog/real world life <3
Hugs!
Elizabeth
Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

Kathy Griffin said...

Thanks for the shout out Fran:-) It was fun seeing you again this year. Next year, we definitely need to have dinner one evening. Thanks for your kind words. I think you're pretty awesome yourself! Love your blog and all of your Common Core wisdom!