Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

Finally... Sparkle Readers #6 Are Here

These are my newest Sparkle Readers and they took forever for me to make. I really thought about what kindergarten children need to focus on at this time of the year but I still needed to keep the text simple enough for them to be challenged but successful. We all know how difficult that can be. I also wanted to be careful to sustain a Common Core focus and I think I pulled it off with this set.
There are 4 titles in this set:
This Is A New Year
Winter Teens
This Is The Arctic
This Is Winter
Along with each sparkle reader is a full set of pocket chart sentence builders to teach it whole group or use as part of a literacy station once your students have interacted enough with the text.
I took the text up a notch by giving students two lines to read but I made the second line repetitive. I have content across many areas of the curriculum and the books are very interactive. This is my favorite set and I cannot wait to introduce them to my kindergarten friends so they can use them for their winter theme. The Common Core stresses that we need to challenge (not frustrate) our children with more complex text so I worked hard to create books that met this criteria. Do you need to add some sparkle to your reading program?  Click on this button to go to my store:











1 comment:

We Teach Like A Rockstar said...

Yippee...I LOVE your Sparkle Readers and so do my students! I love that they can take them home and read them over and over with their parents, siblings, & pets! Thank you for taking the time to create such great emergent readers!!!