Image Map

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Come Over To My Blog For A MLK Freebie

Do you need something to help you celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday? How about making a special necklace that is quick and easy. The directions are in this little packet and will add some fun to this important national holiday. It's a freebie and we all love free- right? Click here for this. Don't forget to grab the emergent reader I created entitled, What Is Your Dream? The link is on the post just below this one. If you like the freebie please leave a comment and I hope your students like the bling!
These graphics are from Melonheadz Illustrations and she did the most incredible job. The other graphics belong to www.DJInkers.com There is so much talent out there... Now go teach about this great leader.

12 comments:

The Polished Teacher said...

Thanks for the amazing freebie Fran! I just love this one! I'm sure it will be a fan favorite of the kiddos too! Thanks again!

ThePolishedTeacher

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

One of our favorite leaders to teach about!
We do a lil activity where they can't play with "Velcro Shoe Friends" (or something of the sort) at recess. Then follow it up with the brown/white egg lesson where they look so different on the outside, but are just the same on the inside. LOVE doing this with our Firsties and hearing the precious things that come out of their mouths and how they see the world. These lil necklaces are a perfect addition. Thanks Fran!
~Christy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Jan said...

Thanks for the cute freebie:-)

Anonymous said...

Love this recklace!! you are so creative, I wish I had your talent!! I cant seem to get the file to download. I must be a little spastic this morning, but I will try again later. Thanks for your kindness!!

vicky1970 said...

Hi Fran,
Those are super cute! Thanks so much for sharing. I bet the kids LOVE them. Hope you have a great week. I just posted a freebie too today.
Vicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

robyn said...

Thanks so much for the adorable freebie! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this necklace! You are so generous to share your talents. My kiddos love your bracelets...they will love this too.

Terri Izatt
KinderKapers

KinderLearningBunnies said...

Once again, you have created materials to support our students.

Thank you.

mdunn said...

Thank you! These are great

Traci Clausen said...

The necklaces are such a great idea to keep the kids invested in the lesson and celebration.

Love it - as always :D
❤Dragonflies in First ❤

Rachelle said...

I really love the necklaces. I enjoy teaching about Martin Luther King, Jr. My students seriously can not believe about segregation and how someone had to fight for equal rights! They have a lot to learn about life!

Thanks, Fran!!!!!!

Fran Kramer said...

Rachelle,
I hope you like these necklaces and I agree that the kids are totally shocked when we talk about racism and almost giggle over how ridiculous this can be.
Thanks for the comment cause I love hearing from you!
Fran