Image Map

Monday, June 18, 2012

No Summer Slide On My Watch

How long has it been since I offered a "freebie"? Okay do not respond to that because I have not been on top of my game for the last few weeks. So Day#1 of summer vacation I am offering up this little number. I hate when kids lose ground over the summer and the first grade teachers come looking for me! Just trying to preserve my reputation here! Sitting in front of a TV, playing video games, and just hanging out do not build academic capacity. I hope most kids have the opportunity to be in summer programs offered by their school district or teachers really suffer at the beginning of the school year. My first grade team is pretty awesome but summer slide stinks! So in their honor I am offering this little activity here. If you like it, follow me for more summer activities.I am off to Boot Camp! Oh yeah, if you love Kindergartencrayons you can vote today and I am sending you a big hug. Check the post below!

7 comments:

Kindertrips said...

This is so precious! Thank you for sharing. One thing I do with "spinner" type worksheets or spinners in general is just give the student a paper clip and they use the tip of their pencil to hold it on the spinner and then spin the clip with their other hand. So I never have to put brads and paper clips on spinners. Yes, I am a tad bit lazy, at times!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Cindy said...

This is really cute Fran....thanks for sharing. I've voted for ya!
;-)

jalove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jalove said...

Hi Fran! Thanks so much for the game! I have 2 more days left and my kiddos will love this tomorrow:) I ditto the above idea...with black/white I use the paper clip and pencil. But when I laminate, I learned to use brad, small pasta piece (shape of open sided cylinder), and paper clip. Both work well! Also voted for ya...GOOD LUCK!!

beachliesl said...

As always, thanks for sharing, Fran! :)

Have a great time in Las Vegas! I wish I was going this year instead of last---I was feeling so bad last year, and this year so many great bloggers are going--I'm jealous! Have a great time!!

Liesl in VA

Fran Kramer said...

Liesl,
I would have loved meeting you in Vegas. I am so disappointed some of my favorite people won't be there. I would love spending time with you.
Fran

Heather's Heart said...

This is wonderful Fran! Thank you so much! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart