Image Map

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fun In the Sun... A Bloggy Party



I decided to get to the restaurant a bit early and was greeted by these two gorgeous party planners. They just make me smile and I really love them. Hadar is on the left and yup, that is Kristin. They have become total BFF's and I could spend all day talking to them. Hadar is a really talented, smart teacher who has endless amounts of energy. Irvine is so lucky to have her in their system. Kristin is hilarious and I wish I could put her personality in a bottle on my desk. If she was at my school I would never leave her room. These teachers set the bar for best teaching practices and truly are the best in Southern California. I need an entire day with
them.


Here is the guest of honor for the day, Rachelle and she was smart, funny, and filled with passion for teaching. She came with gifts for all of us, peeps in a bag beautifully decorated. Thank you Rachelle for your thoughtfulness. You are amazing but I feel like I need more time with you! Sitting next to me was Michelle.
She is wearing the orange shirt in this picture. Michelle is fairly new to blogging so check her out, follow her blog and leave lots of comments. Remember at the beginning when you forced everyone in your life to follow you? She is teaching at a small, private school and is full of great ideas and a real love for teaching. Do you see Lindsay  on the right in the gray sweater. I was bummed she didn't bring the baby cause he was so adorable. She is loving her job and her blog is fantastic.We missed her partner Kerri.



It was great to see Heidi again but I didn't get to talk to her as much as I would have liked to. She gave us  her DVD Sing and Spell. Thank you so much for your generosity! She just quietly put them on the table and did not make much fuss about it. I am so fond of Heidi. I think she has so much knowledge to offer the blogging world. If you don't know her blog- get on it. She is full of information and her DVD's need to be in every primary classroom. 


Our blog meet up was huge and we took over Cheesecake Factory at the Spectrum for about four hours. Yup, you read that right.We could not have had more fun. I am not sure who everyone was (but I talked to all of these fantastic teachers) but I know Hadar pays attention and will save me when I ask. I loved all of these gorgeous women and it was FANTASTIC TO MEET RACHELLE. So, in this picture Rachelle is on the left, Annie Moffatt is next, Hadar, and Traci. I sat with Annie and she was wonderful to talk to. She stays at home with two beautiful little girls but continues to stretch herself professionally and learn as much as she can. Her blog is full of excellent ideas for teaching young children and her daughters profit from this wonderful "mommy teacher." Hadar is next, and the last blogger is Traci. She has started an amazing first grade blog and has really done a great job. There are other pictures but I need to do some things to get ready for school tomorrow so stay tuned. 
By the way... Is it just me who thinks there is a crazy amount of talent out there in Blog Land? I'm just sayin'...







21 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

Looks like a super time was had by all. I've got to get all the Floridians together, soon! Thanks for sharing!

Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter

Erica said...

It looks like so much fun!

Erica

Sprinkles to Kindergarten

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time!! (and Hadar's drink looks delish!! )
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Miss Kindergarten said...

Haha! My drink was delish!! Thanks for taking all these great pictures Fran, I knew I'd stand out in the red ;) I always love chatting and learning from you! Thanks for being the "mama" of the group!! Love!

Michelle Griffo said...

You got some great photos! It was so wonderful meeting all of you talented women! :)

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Kimberly Santana said...

Looks like lots of fun!!

Kimberly
The Learning Tree

Mary said...

Looks like you all has so much FUN!
Mary
Sharing Kindergarten

HeidiSongs said...

It was great to see you, too, Fran! I really had a wonderful time! I'm so glad that I was able to make it. Thanks for your kind words, too!
Such a fun way to spend the afternoon! It's amazing how easy it is to talk to all of these people that we really haven't even met in person before (or at least most of them!) Teachers just seem to "click" together. We can feel each other's pains and triumphs so easily! It's like therapy being together; it least it was for me!! I loved every minute of it!

Thanks to all of you that organized it!
Heidi Butkus
http://heidisongs.blogspot.com

vicky1970 said...

Fran you were a delight and I absolutely enjoyed sitting by you and laughing...you have such great ideas and I really loved getting to know you. Can't wait for the next meet up...maybe next time I won't be so busy and can come on time. :o)
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

Kristen said...

oh how lovely Fran! I'm so glad you all had such a nice time...what an amazing group of women!!

Traci Clausen said...

Fran, you're hilarious. It was fun meeting you. Heidi was awesome, when she set those DVD's down, it was a like a swarm of bees came and swooped them up. I didn't have a chance! hahaha.... oh, well. Next time. :D
So much fun!
❤Traci❤
Dragonflies in First

Holly said...

I have a favor to ask - could you maybe, just maybe - I dunno, come visit Michigan? Maybe even move here...sounds good, right? You girls had a blast and if I was made of money I would have been there in a heartbeat!!!!!

Many bloggy hugs to you girls!!!

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Fran Kramer said...

My sister use to live in Michigan and one day I would LOVE to meet you. When are you coming to sunny California? Grab some shades and head my way with the hubby and boys! I hope with all my heart that we connect in real time!
Fran

Pingles said...

Wow, looks like the ladies had a fantastic time! I just may need to start a blog just to be in the "in crowd" with such amazing ladies. I love all of the blogs and have become quite the blog surfer!

Pat

Sandy said...

It was so great to meet you Fran! I really enjoyed talking with you and I learned so much!!! Thanks! :)

Vickie said...

Wish I lived in California...not sure if y'all would be able to decipher my accent though! Looks like you had a great time {I love HeidiSongs too!}
Vickie
Mrs. Plant's Press

Unknown said...

You all look soooooooo great!!! How fun!!!! Wish I could be there!!! COme join us for in June for our Florida meet up!

❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop

Annie Moffatt said...

Fran I had SO much FUN! The best part was sitting next to you...what an honor! Thank you for your sweet words...I just LOVE you, Fran!! Big, big hugs and I can't wait for the pajama party:)

Rachelle said...

I can't even tell you how much I love you!!!!!!!!!!! You were the star of the show and you made me laugh so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, please, please KEEP IN TOUCH!!!! I'm really wanting to plan a meet up in Vegas for I teach k!!!!!!!! Pajamas? :)

Heather's Heart said...

Fran,

I don't think you realize the inspiration that YOU are! I learn so much each time I visit you. I would love for all of my Firsties to have you for their Kinder teacher.

Thank you for blessing not only me but everyone in Bloggyland! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Leslie said...

You are RIGHT! Tons of talent in blog world. What fun you had. So neat that you all got to hang out. Feel like I know you and how is it that we haven't ever met yet? Someday!
-Leslie @KindergartenWorks