Image Map

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Do Not Eat the Play Doh...Please!



If you love gingerbread cookies do not make this play doh. I am serious. You will want to eat it and it has an entire cup of salt in it! Gross-right? But if you could smell it you would want to put it in your mouth. One of our amazing parents ( she is a master baker) did this for me and I L*O*V*E her because the kids had so much fun with it. I just do not have enough hours in the day to do one more thing but she came through, as usual. No standards... just fun. Shhhhh.




My students are really working on their oral language skills through a simple version of The Gingerbread Man. This is a simple activity I did in my pocket chart and is becomes a flow map for sequencing work. Eventually they will create their own map and write about this cocky, little cookie!
I have lots of retelling work in my literacy packet - Holiday Joy With the Gingerbread Boy. 

6 comments:

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

Shhh....I let the kids play with the gingerbread playdoh I made for "word work" while I finished testing. The kids love it. Shhh....I secretly love to make playdoh for them. Sure beats report cards.

Fran Kramer said...

Love you for this comment and I swear I won't tell a soul. Play doh is the best thing ever.

Ms. Cheri said...

Hi Fran,

I would love to try this with my kids, can you share the recipe? I love everything you do! Thanks,

cheri

Anonymous said...

Fran,

I would love the recipe as well! We are going with a gingerbread theme next week and this would be a perfect activity! :)

Best,
Cortney

onceuponasubstitute.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Here's your standards plug: Playdough in the classroom can be helpful for those needing any Occupational Therapy, increasing fine motor skills related to cutting, and writing, not to mention geometric spatial relations using the cutting tools on the dough.

Karen said...

I am catching up on your blog after being off work for surgery. I too would love to have the recipe for your
Gingerbread Play doh. I love your blog. Thanks for the great ideas.

Thanks,

Karen

karen.lawrence@sjsd.k12.mo.us