Image Map

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pete is Rocking in His School Shoes


My kids love when I make them a Big Book and I will be super popular when I pull out this Pete the Cat one.I can't wait to be popular since my four year old boys are not loving the academics in my room! Just telling the truth friends. I made this with my younger ones in mind. The pictures are adorable and the text is repetitive with the use of action words on Velcro that are color coded for emphasis. When I am ready to teach this I will put action words in a big circle map (that they will generate) with pictures to scaffold them. Then I'll read this book about their favorite cat and see if any of the verbs we brainstormed about exist in the story. I think this is an easy and almost painless way to introduce "action" words. You can buy it in my TpT store for $5 if you need to improve your popularity too.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Last Friday, I had the opportunity to read to a kindergarten class at another school; guess what I read? Now they are singing Pete's song!

I passed the Versatile Blogger Award your way.
If you'd like to have the button, grab it!
http://read-write-sing.blogspot.com/

Meredith said...

Ah yes, the joy of providing instruction to 4 year old boys. I can hardly wait to make it and share it with them. :)

Thinking in Primary said...

Thanks for all the inspiration!
I passed the Versatile Blogger Award your way!
Come over and grab the button!
http://campkindergarden.blogspot.com/